The BEC23PET(09) prepaid meter is a single phase, class 2, domestic prepayment electricity meter for low-cost housing projects. This meter incorporates earth leakage protection and a double pole circuit breaker disconnection switch, eliminating the need to install a separate distribution box. In addition, it reduces the cost of the reticulation network, as the meters are designed with a maximum current of 20 Amp.
The BEC23PET(09) prepaid meter consists of two-part housing, comprising a standard passive wall base and the active meter. This configuration allows for the preinstallation of the wall base and supports maintenance of the of the meter without disconnecting the supply.
A user friendly interface is ensured through the large format, custom designed LCD display, a visual consumption rate LED and the numeric keypad data entry terminal.
Each BEC23PET(09) prepaid meter has an unique security key and credit is entered to the meter in the form of a secure 20 digit token, though the numeric keypad. Secure data transfer takes place via an encryption algorithm included within the Standard Transfer Specification (STS) and all correctly entered tokens are registered, eliminating token fraud.
Reliability and durability are enhanced as the active unit is completely sealed and all printed circuit boards are conformal coated providing complete protection against lighting and voltage surges and the meter can withstand 420 volts for period of 48 hours
For added safety to the user, the earth leakage protection is enhanced. The meter provides comprehensive earth leakage protection, even when powered up into an existing earth fault scenario.
The low base current measurement ensures that even energy saving light bulbs are measured as consumed energy.
- Reverse energy detection
- Intelligent Commissioning Procedure
- Ability to display the last ten meter specific tokens and the credit transfer amounts
- Programmable Overload
- Low Base Current Measurement
- No Distribution board required
- 20 Amp double pole circuit breaker
- Comprehensive earth leakage protection
- Industry standard wall base mounting
- Calibration retained over life of meter
- Transformer less power supply for improved reliability
- High level of lighting and surge protection
- Tactile Feedback numeric Keypad
- STS Compliant encryption
- Manufactured to ISO 9001 2000 AND ISO 14001 Standards