The BEC62 prepaid meter is a three phase four wire, class 2, split configured prepayment electricity meters that provides a cost effective control of loads of up to 100 amps per phase , and is an ideal unit for light industrial applications requiring enhanced security and convenience.
The spilt BEC62 prepaid meter is unique in that it separates the user interface unit (UIU) from the measurement and control Unit (MCU). This allows utilities to mount the MCU in a location where it is readily accessible, while the UIU is installed at a point of convenience within the customers premises. The UIU draws its power from MCU via the current loop communication link.
Measurement and control Unit (MCU)
The MCU contains the measurement and control circuits. This includes the power supply, reset circuit, disconnection circuitry, three disconnection switches rated at 100 amps and thermal protection circuitry.
User Interface Unit (UIU)
The UIU provides the user with convenient Interface to the remote MCU. A user friendly interface is ensured though the large format custom designed LCD display, a visual consumption rate LED and numeric keypad data entry terminal.
Each BEC62 prepaid meter has security key and credit is entered into the meter in the form of a secure 20 digit token, though the numeric keypad. Secure data transfer takes place via and encryption and algorithm included within the Standard Transfer Specification (STS) and all correctly entered meter Specific tokens are registered, eliminating token fraud
Printed circuit boards are conformal coated , providing protection against insects, dust and humidity.
The 5Ka/5Kv surge arrestors provide protection against lighting and voltage surges and the meter can withstand an over voltage 420 volts for a period pf 48 hours.
- Thermal protection of terminals
- Optional tamper detection
- Optional intelligent Commissioning
- Programmable power and current overload functionally
- Programmable load unbalance trip setting
- Operates in extreme supply conditions
- Transformerless power supply for improved reliabilty
- Low lb rating (10A) Starting current 50mA
- Meter fully operational with only a single phase powered
- Configurable supply suspension if a phase lost
- Displays user consumption and configuration information
- STS compliant encryption
- Calibration retained over the life of the meter
- Optional audible feedback on the UIU
- Manufactured to ISO 900012000 AND ISO 14001 Standards