The BEC66HC prepaid meter is a three phase four wire, class 2, split configured prepayment electricity meter. The meter provides cost-effective control of loads of up to 250 Amps per phase, and is an ideal unit for industrial and commercial applications requiring enhanced security and convenience.
The split BEC66HC prepaid meter is unique in that it separates the User Interface Unit (UIU) from the Measurement and Control Unit (MCU). This allows utilities to mount the MCU in a location where it is readily accessible, while the UIU is installed at a point of convenience within the customer’s premises. The UIU draws its power from the MCU via the current loop communication wires.
Measurement and Control Unit (MCU)
The MCU contains the measurement and control circuits. This includes the power supply, reset circuit, disconnection circuitry, power measurement, nonvolatile memory, three disconnect contactors rated at 250 Amps per phase, over temperature sensing and tamper detection.
User Interface Unit (UIU)
The UIU provides the user with a convenient interface to the remote MCU. A userfriendly interface is ensured through the large format custom designed LCD display, a visual consumption rate LED and the numeric keypad data entry terminal.
Each meter has a unique security key and credit is entered into the BEC66HC prepaid meter in the form of a secure 20digit token , through the numeric keypad . Secure data transfer takes place via an encryption algorithm included within the Standard Transfer Specification (STS) and all correctly entered meter specific tokens are registered , eliminating token fraud.
Printed circuit boards are conformalcoated, providing protection against insects, dust and humidity.
The 5kA/5kV surge arrestors provide protection against lightning and voltage surges and the meter can withstand an over voltage of 420 volts for a period of 48hours.
- 250 Amp bi stable disconnection device per phase
- Thermal protection for the terminals
- Optional tamper detection facility
- Optional intelligent commissioning
- Programmable power overload functionality
- Protection against over and under voltage
- Transformerless power supply for improved reliability
- Low Ib rating (30A) starting current 150mA
- Displays user consumption and con figuration information
- STS compliant encryption
- Calibration retained over the life of the meter
- Optional audible feedback on the UIU
- Manufactured to ISO 9001 2000 and ISO 14001 standards