The BEC23PL(09) prepaid meter is a single phase, class 2, domestic prepayment electricity meter with a disconnection switch, designed for reliability, accuracy and ease of use. It is an ideal unit for retrofit or new installations in domestic homes.
The BEC23PL(09) prepaid meter consists of a two part housing, comprising a standard passive wall base and the active meter. This configuration allows for the pre-installation of the wall base and supports maintenance of the meter without disconnecting the supply.
Although the BEC23PL(09) prepaid meter is shipped with either a 60 or 80 Amp maximum current setting, the unit can be ordered to a specific current limit or reprogrammed in the field.
A userfriendly interface is ensured through the large format, custom designed LCD display, a visual consumption rate LED and the numeric keypad data entry terminal.
Each meter has an unique security key and credit is entered into the meter in the form of a secure 20 digit token, through the numeric keypad. Secure data transfer takes place via an encryption algorithm included within the Standard Transfer Specification (STS) and all correctly entered tokens are registered, eliminating
Reliability and durability are enhanced as the active unit is completely sealed and all printed circuit boards are conformalcoated, providing complete protection against insects, dust and humidity.
A 5kA/5kV surge arrestor provides protection against lightning and voltage surges and the meter can withstand 420 volts for a period of 48 hours.
The low base current measurement ensures that even energy saving light bulbs are measured as consumed energy.
- Optional configurable tamper detection
- Reverse energy detection
- Intelligent commissioning procedure
- Displays last ten meter specific tokens with the option to display the credit transfer amount
- Low base current measurement
- Programmable overload
- 100A disconnection switch
- Industry standard wall base mounting
- Calibration retained over life of meter
- Transformerless power supply for improved reliability
- High level of lightning and surge protection
- Tactile feedback numeric keypad
- STS compliant encryption
- Manufactured to ISO 90012000 and ISO 140012 standards